Christian Education Ministry
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION CONVOCATION 2014
begins Saturday, September 27 through Sunday, September 28, 2014. A workshop will occur on Saturday, September 27 from 9:00 am – 12 noon in the multi-purpose room. The Sunday morning service will begin at 10:00 am on September 28. The guest speaker for the workshop and Sunday service will be Dr. Tokunbo A. Adelekan, Pastor of Mt. Olivet Tabernacle Baptist Church, Philadelphia PA.
Click the link for additional information: EBC Christian Convocation-Tokunbo A Adelekan
The mission of the Emmanuel Baptist Church Christian Education Ministry is to educate, train, and equip members biblically, theologically, culturally and afro-centrically to do ministry in the community, and the world.
The Christian Education Ministry supports all Ministries of the church and we serve as a resource of assistance for all programs of the church. We work with the Pastor to carry out the yearly theme of the church as well as sponsor the Church Calendar, the Leadership Retreat, the Graduates Program, MAAFA, Christian Convocation and Frank Lennon Congress of Christian Education Training Institute.
Board of Christian Education
Just as the church assigns responsibility for worship and services, or delegates the management of property and finances, so the teaching program is entrusted to the Board of Education.
Duties of the Officers
- Work with the Pastor and the board to develop overall goals and objectives for Christian education and to work to achieve them;
- Prepare agenda for board meetings; Preside as chairperson for board meetings;
- Provide leadership in organizing the board, making assignments, presenting reports and caring for budgets;
- Prepares and administers budget for the Board of Christian Education
- Work with the Director to ensure that the goals and objectives are met;
- Work with the Public Relations Committee in promoting and publicizing Christian education programs and events;
- Serve in the absent of the director.
- Keep accurate minutes of board meetings;
- Care for correspondence for the board;
- Keep a system of records for the educational program.
- Serve in the absent of the secretary.
- Keep accurate records of all income, expenditures, and returns;
- Prepare and present monthly budget report;
- Assist along with others in developing the BCE yearly budget.
We Invite You to Join the Board of Christian Education Ministry!
Meetings on 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm.
- Church Calendar Leadership Retreat
- W.E.B. DuBois Lectures Discovery Sunday
- Graduates Program & Reception
- Graduate/Youth Achievement
- Christian Convocation
- Frank Lennon Institute